- 6 oz of Sliced Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted Walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Scallion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1 can Black Eyed Peas
- 1/2 tsp Hot Chili Sauce
- Salt to taste
- All Purpose Flour
1. Heat up 2 tbsp of oil in a pan on high heat, and then saute the mushrooms. Try not to let them release their water. Add walnuts to pan. Saute until mushrooms are done, but not watery.
2. Meanwhile, place garlic, shallot, scallion, parsley, & black eyed peas into a medium sized bowl. Use a fork to smash beans. At this point sprinkle some salt in bowl and mix well. Feel free to taste to see if you need more salt.
3. Once mushrooms are done, and left to cool off, add the mushroom and walnut mixture to the bowl along with the chili sauce.
4. Toss together well, slightly breaking up any big pieces of mushroom. Now its time to get a little dirty. Use you hands to squeeze everything together. Doing this will make it easier to form into patties. Try to keep some of the texture.
5. Grab a separate dish, and spill some flour out on it. Ball up some of the final mixture and form into patties. Then gently coat both sides of patties w/ the flour.
6. Once coated, place patties in a well oiled pan, and fry on a medium heat until both sides are browned. Try to let them fry on the first side for at least 3 minutes before lifting it up to check, because we don't want the patties to fall apart.
7. When burgers are complete, plate them up on a bun, or by themselves. I put some extra chili sauce on mine, and served it with a dill pickle :-)