- 4 to 5 Leeks, rinsed & chopped up
- 2 cans Chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 4 to 5 Yukon Gold Potatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 8 cups Water
- 4 Vegan Vegetable Bouillon Cubes (1 for every 2 cups of water)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Fresh Rosemary
- 8 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Pinch of thyme
1. Heat oil in pan on medium heat. Saute leeks and garlic until leeks are soft (not browned). Add a little salt at this point.
2. Add water, chickpeas, potatoes, & turmeric. Stir, and then bring to a slight bowl. Once at a slight bowl, add in the rosemary, thyme and bouillon cubes. Cook on a medium/high heat for about 45 minutes.
3. After 45 minutes, taste and then add salt and pepper if necessary.