- 2 cups Dry Textured Soy Protein Granules (TVP)
- 1 3/4 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 medium Yellow Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Vital Wheat Gluten Flour
- 1 tbsp Tamari/Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1. Reconstitute soy granules by placing them in a bowl, pouring broth over granules, covering tightly with plastic wrap and placing in microwave for 5-6 minutes.
2. In Skillet, saute onions, and garlic in oil until onions appear translucent (about 5-7 minutes). Remove soy granules from microwave and mix in flour, tamari, sauteed onions, garlic, and all of the spices. Let sit until cool enough to handle.
3. With hands, form balls about 1 1/2" in diameter. Use a lot of pressure so they don't fall apart. If you keep your hands a little wet with water, the mixture won't stick to your hands. Lightly fry them in a small amount of oil, and brown on all sides. Or you can bake them in the oven at 350 degrees until desired crispiness. (I baked mine)
This recipe will make approximately 20 balls.