- White or brown rice
- 1 handful of Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1 small Zucchini, julienne cut
- 1 small Yellow Onion, julienne cut
- Seaweed (I used Nori) cut into strips
- 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil/Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Gochujang (Red Pepper Paste)
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Seeds
1. Since I used a rice cooker, I let the rice cook while I prepared the vegetables.
Cut up all your veggies into thin strips. I preferred to saute my veggies separately, but you can do it all together if its easier.
2. Add 2 tbsp of oil to a medium heated skillet. Add veggies to skillet (Leave out seaweed) and saute them for no more than 3 to 5 minutes. Add minced garlic about halfway through cooking time. You don't want to over-cook the veggies. Just until they're soft. At this point I would also add a pinch of salt and pepper.
3. When rice is finished add a big scoop of it into a serving bowl. If you cooked your veggies separately arrange the veggies around the sides of the bowl (This is traditionally how Koreans will serve bibimbap). Add the seaweed to the presentation at this point. The heat from the other veggies and the rice will soften the seaweed.
4. To make the sauce you simply mix together all the ingredients into a bowl, and put 1 to 2 tbsp of the final mixture into the center of your veggies and rice. Mix contents of the bowl together, and then eat!
*Feel free to use any veggies you like. Some people like to use spinach, gosari (aka Braken), kimchi, bean sprouts, etc.*