- 16 oz Elbow Macaroni
- 3 tbsp Vegan Butter (I used Earth Balance)
- 1 cup White Onion, Chopped
- 3 Medium Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 8 oz Vegan Cream Cheese, Softened (I used Tofutti)
- 2 1/2 cups Unsweetened Non-Dairy Milk (I used Almond)
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- pinch Cayenne Pepper
- pinch Black Pepper
- 3 cups Shredded Vegan Cheddar Cheese (I used Daiya)
- 1/4 cup Vegan Butter (I used Earth Balance)
- 1 cup Panko, or Regular Vegan Bread Crumbs
- 1 tsp Dried Dill
- 3/4 tsp Dried Thyme
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350º F. Lightly grease a 9x13” glass baking dish and set aside.
2. Begin by melting 3 tablespoons vegan buttery spread in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently until onion is translucent.
3. Reduce heat to low and add cream cheese, milk, nutritional yeast, salt, paprika, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and cheddar cheese, stirring frequently until mixture is thoroughly combined and cheeses are melted.
4. Remove from heat and add cooked pasta, stirring until pasta is evenly coated. Pour into prepared baking dish and set aside.
5. For the topping, melt the vegan buttery spread over medium heat. Add panko, dill and thyme, stirring until combined. Turn off heat and pour topping evenly over pasta mixture. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until topping is a light golden brown. Serves 8 to 10 people.