- 2 (27 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups vegetable juice (i used V8)
- 2 large heads green cabbage, chopped up
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
1. In a very large pot, combine all ingredients.
2. Slow cook over at least a 4 hour period. Contents will cook down. (do not go over medium heat. When & if it starts to boil, bring it down to simmer.)
3. The slower and longer this cooks, the better the flavor is. This can also be slow cooked in a crock pot over night.
This is a great soup. It tastes amazing over potatoes. It will seem like an awful lot of cabbage, but it will shrink significantly. I actually used 1 1/2 heads of cabbage, but next time i would use the full 2 because of how much the cabbage shrunk.
Serves: About 12, Preparation time: 30 min