- 8 Yukon gold potatoes, peeled & diced
- 1/2 medium sized onion, finely chopping
- 1 package of pot sticker/wonton wrappers (make sure they don't contain egg)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- Olive oil (for sauteing & frying)
- 2 tbsp of curry paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp of curry powder
- 1/4 tsp dried ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp mustard seed
- salt & pepper to taste
1. First peel and dice up potatoes. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes in, and cook covered for about 15 minutes on high heat or until potatoes are tender. Blanch potatoes in cold water, and set aside.
2. In a skillet, heat 1 tbsp of oil. Add in the chopped onions and saute until translucent. Drain water from potatoes, and add potatoes to skillet. Gently stir. Add in salt, pepper, garlic paste, ginger paste, curry paste, 2 tbsp water, ground mustard, mustard seed, and curry powder. Mix ingredients well. Then add in peas. Stir again.
3. Since we used round wonton wrappers, our turned out looking like little sombrero's. Place one wrapper on counter, and drop a dollop of mixture into the center of wrapper (about a tbsp). Dab edges of wrapper with water to help seal the edges. Then place another round wrapper on top of dollop. We also used a fork to seal the edges. Continue this process until you've used up all of your wrappers.
4. Heat 2 to 3 tbsp of oil on med/high heat for frying. Once pan is hot, gently place a few samosas in the pan. Frying both sides until an even golden brown color. Enjoy!!!