- 2 Egg Equivalents (I used Ener-G egg replacer)
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 14oz package of Extra-firm Tofu
- 1, 1 1/2 Packet of Dry Vegan Onion Soup Mix
- 3/4 cup Walnuts, chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Oil, for sauteing
- 1 1/2 cup Onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup Celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 to 2 cup Mushrooms, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp Basil
- 1 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Sage
- 1 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix egg substitute, soy sauce, tofu, & onion soup mix in a blender. Add walnuts & blend until smooth. Then grease a loaf pan.
2. Heat oil, and saute garlic, onion, celery, & mushrooms until onions are translucent. Add basil, oregano, & sage while veggies are frying. Then thoroughly mix the blended ingredients, cooked vegetables, & bread crumbs together in a large enough bowl.
3. Press final mixture into loaf pan and bake for 75 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.
After about 30 minutes of bake time I topped the "meat" loaf with some extra chopped walnuts, and a mixture
of tomato paste, ketchup, & brown sugar, and then put it back in for the rest of the cook time.
*The deeper the pan, the moister the inside. And this meatless loaf tastes even better the next day.*