- 1 cup Red Lentils
- 3 cups Boiling Water
- 1tsp Salt or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic & Ginger Paste
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- Sprinkle of Mustard Seeds (Optional)
1. Soak lentils in boiling water for 1 hour until plump. Then drain water.
2. Once drained add the 3 cups of boiling water and add in all of the spices.
3. On high heat cook covered for about 10-15 minutes or until desired consistency.
If desired, you may sprinkle some mustard seeds into the pot towards the end of the cooking time.