- 1 1/2 cups Lentils
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 6 cups Vegetable Stock (I used water w/ "Rapunzel" bouillon cubes)
- A pinch of Mustard Seeds
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Paste
1. Rinse lentils a couple times.
2. Bring all ingredients to a boil in a pot.
3. Once boiling, bring down to simmer for about 25 minutes, or until lentils are soft.
4. Let soup cool a little bit then pour soup into a blender & blend to desired creaminess. If you like a chunkier soup, just pulse it.
6. Soup should still be warm if you took it from stove to the blender, if not just put soup back into the pot and simmer for 5-10 minutes to re-heat.
**I found that I did not need to add any salt & pepper, but if you feel your soup needs it add some to taste.**
Serves about 4 people