- 1 to 2 Bundles of Chard (I used 1/2 red & 1/2 green)
- 1 28 oz Can of San Marzano Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- A pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 15 oz Can of Cannellini Beans
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
1. De-stem chard, and cut up into bite size pieces. Fill a deep pan with about 2 inches of water & bring to a boil.
Add chard to boiling water and cook for 5 minutes covered.
2. Once soft, drain & rinse chard with cold water. Squeeze out all excess water and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan, and saute garlic until golden brown. Add red pepper flakes. Once garlic is golden brown,
add the can of tomatoes to the pan. Break down the tomatoes with your spoon, and bring tomato sauce to a boil.
4. Add beans, and cook another 3 minutes. Add in chard, mix well, and cook an additional 5 to 6 minutes. This may be served over pasta, garlic bread, or as is.